Monday, October 4, 2010

A Quick Trip and Feeling Good

I am having a hard time finding time to blog any more and when I do finally find some time, I honestly prefer a nap! :) Thank you to everyone for your prayers and for checking up on us. Lynlee had a nasty little cold but it was nothing too serious and she is finally on the mend. I, on the other hand, unfortunately, confirmed that I indeed have gallstones. The good news is I have not had another attack and there appears to be only 2 of them. The bad news is that they are not going anywhere and the only way to get rid of them would be a surgery to remove my entire gallbladder, something I have no interest in at the time. I have been watching my diet and avoiding fatty foods and perhaps that may be the way to go for the time being. And after a baby, goodness knows I need to be watching what I eat! :) So as long as I have no pain, I am avoiding the procedure for the time being.

Besides, that things are going great around here. So good, that last weekend, we woke up and decided on going for a little impromptu road trip to Atlanta. I was stir crazy to say the least and Ashley thought I was just plain crazy. But we packed up and set off for the city after lunch with all three kiddos. I have to admit that I was beginning to question my own sanity when we were finally making out way out of Birmingham and had a ETA in Atlanta of 3pm! But the minute we got there, all was good.

Photobucket

A big city is good for my soul! Not sure what is is, but I get revived by the energy of a big city. Our first stop was Ikea...

Photobucket

I have had my eye on a Expedit bookshelf for quite sometime. I ended up changing my mind on the style once we were there, but still came home with one and immediatly put it together and accessorized it as best I could. There is just something off about it, but lucky me, my sister is a pro at accessorizing and I am waiting for her to put some finishing touches on it. I am also waiting for her to get up here to meet her newest neice...my feelings are starting to get a little hurt! (hint hint Tiff!) :) Just kidding! This sister has 4 chidren all in school and she was crazy enough and she is PTO president for their elementary school this year! To say she is busy would be a gross understatement. Anyhow, I've digressed.

Photobucket


After Ikea, we went over to the Varsity for dinner.

Photobucket

We were able to find the Alabama game and watched the 3rd quarter of the Alabama/Arkansas game. We had to leave before things got too rowdy. Apparantly, I was the only bama fan in the room!

Photobucket

We had thought about trying to end our day at the Aquarium or the World of Coke, but decided instead to wear the kids out at the Olympic Park.

Photobucket

The weather was perfect and we had a great time doing nothing.

Photobucket

Right before we left, an "artist" stopped us and begged to draw Landon. He had quite a resume drawing all over the world and even 3 presidents and he offered us an out of this world deal for such a well known artist ! Of course, this man was full of bologna, but Landon got a kick out of it.

Photobucket

We headed home around 9 and were all in bed before midnight. I have to say that I am very proud of us for attempting to take all three kids on a roadtrip and for actually making it home in one peice! :) We had a blast and I can't wait to do it again!


3 comments:

  1. I've got 2 of those bookcases now....unfortunately, mine are accessorized w/ toys.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to MM! You're going to be a master mom of three little ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I am super impressed with your quick trip to Atlanta! You are way more brave than I am!! And it looks like you guys had a blast!

    ReplyDelete