Monday, October 11, 2010

Ramblings...Part 1

Warning...this is a long post and all over the place. I always have a million things I intend on blogging about, but never seem to find the time to actually blog about all of them. However, I have devoted all of today's nap time to attempt it.   Hopefully, I won't bore you too much! :)

This past Friday was Ashley's birthday. So, we celebrated with some friends on Thursday. One of the friends shares a birthday with Ash, so it was double the fun!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We all had a blast, but this was my first night out without kids and with a beverage (or two) in hand in a long time..I think I may have had more fun than anyone else, but I assure you I paid the price later that night! :)

Ash also shared his birthday with Lynlee who turned a month old on Friday. I already feel like time is passing me by...where exactly have the past 4 weeks gone!? She is still sweet as can be and growing way too quick. I haven't taken her in for her 1 month check up (note to self to make an appointment for this week) but she is eating 4 ounces every 3 hours and is slowly getting on a night time schedule, taking her last bottle at 10 ish and making it all the way to 3 am. This is working well for me, because very little sleep was starting to catch up to me. I now know I am getting at least 5 straight hours of sleep, but anything after 3 am is a little up in the air. She gets pretty squirmy and really likes to be held while she sleeps until her next bottle at 6am. That time is bittersweet because while I love snuggling with her and dozing off a bit, I can't help but want to be sleeping laying down in my bed!! But I know this time is precious, so I am trying my best to enjoy every sleepless minute of it. Here is sweet Lynlee at one month...

Photobucket

and just for fun, here is Lucy. I'm pretty sure I can imagine how Lynlee is going to look in year from now!

Photobucket


Ash wanted to head to Paris for his birthday, so Friday morning, we packed up and finally got out the door around 2pm to make our trip up. On the way up there, we had to make a pit stop so we opted to stop at a Dunkin Donuts, where I got the BEST cup of coffee EVER!! I swear it was the best I have had. With the lack of sleep I have had lately, I have become quite the coffee connoisseurs. Not sure if you have ever seen the Dunkin Donuts coffee commercial where people still half asleep are somehow dragged to the store to get their DD coffee fix...do you know the one I'm talking about? Well, anyhow, that will be me, but all on my own! :) I will be making a trip to Costco this afternoon to get my bulk supply of Dunkin Donuts coffee!

Photobucket

I am a little depressed at my post baby body at 4 weeks. I was pretty vigilant about my weight gain with this pregnancy and although I have lost every bit of weight I gained with this pregnancy, I can tell you with certainty, my body is NOT at all even close to what it was before getting pregnant. I must be a at least 2 sizes from what I was...boo!! So begins another diet...hopefully I will stick with it. In the meantime, the only thing I have to wear is workout clothes...no joke. Maybe that in itself will prompt me to actually go work out! :) With the changing of the seasons, that will have to do for the time being. I have a growing list of clothes I want after I get more in shape, but for now, I have to settle on shoes. I am most definitely in lust with these and hoping I can talk Ashley into letting me get a couple pairs...I mean I did just have his baby...right!?!?

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Well I heard the baby start crying a earlier and walked in to see this!  Lucy woke up from her nap and crawled in with little sister. 

Photobucket

Not sure if I think its cute or scary! Didn't get to finish all that I wanted to blog about but will finish up on another day! Until then...


3 comments:

  1. What a great pic of you and Ashley!
    I hear you sister-- 6 MONTHS after the baby, I have lost all of my Lois Anne weight,plus some, but have 18lbs of Hudson weight to go-- and am 2 sizes ahead of where I want to be-- we need to be each other's support!!!
    As for the pic of Lucy with Lynlee-- I have to admit as I scrolled down to see it, I said "Oh sweet Jesus" to myself- as sweet as Lucy is to her, I have to vote that is scary---LA is almost 6 mos and it would scare the bejeezus out of me to see Hudson do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her bumpers! Such a sweet girl ... and I think the pic of her and lucy is more cute than scary : ) Let keep walking I have about 100 lbs to GO !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the post MM...and those darling girls of yours. I think it is time to move Lucy into a big girl bed...if she is crawling out, it isn't serving a purpose anyway. Then maybe you can get one of those clocks that has a light that alerts your kids it is safe to get out of bed (or into her little sister's bed). :) I am ALWAYS looking for a work-out buddy, so just let me know.....

    ReplyDelete