Tuesday, September 14, 2010

What a Week

Even with a planned c-section, the week was a whirlwind. Last weekend with only three days until Lynlee was set to make we finally decided to get prepared and got a million little (and big) things checked off of the list. After 9 long months and after 10 weeks of discomort the day finally arrived. On Wednesday, we made our way to the hospital and checked in and did all the paperwork and received the very much dreaded IV. If you get an IV started easily you have no idea how lucky you are. I am not so lucky and have veins that roll or blow...whatever that means. It took about 30 minutes and 5 sticks and way to much digging around to finally get it in. Anesethia finally was asked to come do the trick and they got it on their first try. About 30 minutes later I was being wheeled in the O.R. ready to go. Although, anesthesia was able to get my IV started, it took several tries to get my spinal going and I was blessed with an ugly big bruise on my back from it. But, finally I felt it or lacked feeling altogether and we were set. It wasn't long, maybe 10 minutes until we heard that beautiful cry and met Lynlee for the first time. She was a BIG girl, 8 lbs 12 oz and had a head full of black hair!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

After I was stitched back up we were wheeled back to the room and were greeted by the fan club! Big Brother was the first to hold her!

Photobucket

Daddy stealing some kisses

Photobucket

Lynlee and her Mimi

Photobucket

and her grandaddy

Photobucket

and don't forget about big sister!

Photobucket

Here she is with her cousin's Hannah and Kit Kat

Photobucket

We had visitors every day including her Papa who came after work each afternoon and yet I don't have a single picture of them...boo.

I spent 3 nights in the hospital and was soooo ready to get home on Saturday. We woke up that morning and enjoyed our last few hours at St. Vincents. I guess since it was Saturday, the usual hussle and bussle was a lot more relaxed. Instead of being greeted by all the doctors for their rounds at the crack of dawn, it was more like 9:30. We got cleaned up and packed up then waited for our discharge papers. While we were waiting, we did a little photoshoot before leaving the hospital,here is my favorite...

Photobucket

Lynlee loved the car. She just gazed out the window and was lulled to sleep. I sat in the back with her and couldn't resist snapping away...she looked so pretty and peaceful, spitup and all! :)

Photobucket

Home Sweet Home

Photobucket

Landon and Lucy went to Auburn for the day to a cousin's birthday party, so Ash and I were able to adjust with Lynlee at home with just the three of us that day. But that was short lived. Landon and Lucy got home and it has been a whirlwind since. Landon is a HUGE help both to me and with Lucy. And Lucy LOVES her new sister. She wants to do everything, feed her, burp her, hold her, swing her, you name it. And she is very gentle with her, or as gentle as a 22 month old can be.

Photobucket

Landon being the sweet big brother he is, waits his turn.

Photobucket

So...so far so good. Lynlee is the sweetest little baby girl. She only crys when she's hungry, (which is every 3 hours on the dot) loves to be snuggled, but will settle for wherever she gets put, which if I'm not holding her, she is in the swing with Lucy swinging it...bless her heart! :) Would you be jealous to hear that her first night home, she only woke up once!? Well don't get to jealous, she made up for it the next night! :) Life is back in full swing with work, school, Mothers Day Out, football practice and games, bottoms to clean, and mouths to feed. Someone must not have gotten the memo that I am supposed to relax and take it easy for the next 6 weeks! Yeah right...who came up with that one!??? Ash and I are so fortunate for our family and friends who are going above and beyond with dinners and helping with the older 2 kids and making it as easy as they can to make sure I do rest and relax as much as I can. Thank you all so much...you have no idea how thankful we are! So, here I go back at it, adjusting to our new family of 5 and lovin on this kissy nose and mouth!

Photobucket



7 comments:

  1. CAN NOT WAIT TO MEET HER AND HUG YOUR NECK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet.... I can't wait to hold her while you enjoy a cold beverage! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. MM! I got chills when I read the blog! You are so very blessed with a beautiful family. I miss you! Looking forward to seeing Lynlee and giving her sugars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, MM! She is an absolute doll. :D I must say my favorite picture is of Little Miss holding baby girl and giving her a bottle. ADORABLE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!!! I can't wait to get a snuggle from Lynlee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! She's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete