Friday, April 15, 2011

and Again...this time Nashville

Last weekend we packed up again and headed north to Nashville. This was an even shorter trip, leaving Saturday morning and coming back Sunday afternoon but we made the most of our time and squeezed a short visit in with more family. So off we were.

Photobucket

Ash's dad had called months ago asking if we would like to see Boz Scaggs in concert. Well, I said sure even though I had no idea who Boz was, so I did a quick google search and recognized a few songs. My parents were so excited for us, so obviously Mr. Scoggs is a little before my time. But none the less we were in and that was the main reason for our trip. We arrived Sarturday around lunch and ate and visited with Ashley's grandmother. And around 6, we made our way to the historic Ryman Theatre.



I didn't think camera's were allowed so I didn't bring mine in, so unfortunately, I don't have any pics of the show. In fact the only pic I have of the night is of Ashley's sister, Jessica and her date for the night, Jennifer.

Photobucket

Well the show was fun, but I think I had the most fun watching Ashley's dad. :) I think it's safe to say he was having a great time. And we did too. Thanks JD for the tix!!

After the show, we made our way to 2nd Avenue to have a drink and hear some more music, but somehow ended up at the Palm, which was dead.

Photobucket

But we enjoyed each others company and another drink before calling it a night. And thank goodness we have sense to call it a night when we did, because these girls of ours get up pretty early. We enjoyed the morning with Ashley's grandmother before packing up to head home. We made a quick top to catch cousin Jackson's baseball game.

Photobucket

Lucy mucked it up with the team for a while...

Photobucket

before making some other friends...

Photobucket

and then we were on the road again, back home for Birmingham. We are staying put this weekend, thank goodness. There is a ton to do around the house and Landon has a lacrosse tournament this weekend. Hopefully, the bad weather will push on through today and the sun will be back again tomorrow! Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment