Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Dentist, Warm Weather, and a Birthday

I bet you have no idea what this post is about! What, with such a clever title and all. :) ha So, its no surprise that I'm not the most dedicated blogger...I always have great intentions, just not enough time. My excuse this month was the fact that our second home was at the pediatricians office. I may have to take a second mortgage out to pay for all the doctors office visits and co-pays. I feel like we lived up there in February and I really think our co-pays added up to equal our mortgage payment! In addition to all the doc visits we also paid a visit to the dentist. We were all overdue for a visit and Lucy is now 2 and has never been, and well, I really don't care to ever go back with her! Whew! Well, you know he did just fine...

Photobucket

...no cavaties, straight teeth, needs to work on the flossing, but other than that, perfect!

Photobucket

He let Lucy watch so she wouldn't be scared...

Photobucket

But the poor girl had a cavity and I'll leave you guessing on how that went. Here's a clue, I have no pictures of Lucy at the dentist! :)

So, now we are all over the flu, strep, ear infections, crazy rashes, etc, etc, etc and we also have clean and healthy teeth and gums. And hopefully the warmer weather will keep it that way.

Speaking of, we have thoroughly enjoyed the warmer temps and sunshine. We have enjoyed playing outside with trips to the zoo and park...

Photobucket

and taking morning or afternoon walks.

Photobucket

Looks who is sitting up in the stroller!

Photobucket

Lucy is really starting to conversate and loves to point out all she knows...literally!

Photobucket

And finally, lil man had a birthday. He's really not so lil anymore as he informed me "I'm not really little anymore because I'm like 8!" Oh lordy. And instead of toys and video games this year he asked for a pair of shoes "all black with a red rhino on them" So, I googled that and ummmm no! I went looking for a comparable pair that were still cool but not gangster and ended up with a pair of All-Stars and he loves them!

Photobucket

He is such a laid back and easy going boy! I love him for that! I also love what a good great brother he is...

Photobucket

and for that smile thats always on that handsome face!

Photobucket

He melts my heart with his big heart and sweet demeaner, and he keeps me on my toes with his competative spirit and brains! That combination has lead to a lot of talking back lately, but sometimes his "logic" stops me dead in my tracks! :) He's one smart boy.

Anyhow, we had his favorite, tacos...

Photobucket

and opened up more presents...some more shoes and shorts...

Photobucket

Photobucket

...and some money!

Photobucket

Since he was turning 8, we each gave him eight dollars in the form of one dollar bills! He loved it if you can't tell! :)

Photobucket

Happy Birthday Landon...I love you more than you know!!

I'm headed out now to work in the yard...enjoy your weekend and the beautiful weather it brought!!


No comments:

Post a Comment