Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Owl-a-Ween

If your like me and often wait to the last minute to do things, I might can help you out.  That is, if you need a last minute something for Halloween.  These little things are pretty cute and they really are easy.  However, they take a little time to assemble and it will require a trip to Cracker Barrel.  Cracker Barrel carries moonpies and as of Thursday, they are the only place in Birmingham that has them.  Again, this one really easy project took me all day because I drove around town looking for moon pies...I just had to have them. :)

Photobucket

Well, luckily I did find them [at Cracker Barrel] and I am glad I did, because these lil' owls turned out super cute.  I had intentions of making them both for Lucy and Landon's class.  But since it took me so long to find the dagum moon pies, I ran out of steam that night.  Come to find out, Landon's class did not even have a Halloween party...say what!?  Since when did schools stop having Halloween party's?!  Anyhow, start with  this...

Photobucket

and then you twist apart the oreos (the hardest part of this project) and assemble like this...

Photobucket

you "glue" everything on with icing or melted chocolate (I used white chocolate chips only because I had them on hand)  then you wrap them up in a cellophane bag and tie with a cute ribbon.  Ta Da....


Photobucket

Happy "Owl-a-Ween"!


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I am so coming to you when I do Hudson's special snack---- I hate that Landon didn't get a class party-- but, unfortunately that's what was happening when I left teaching-- "it takes away from valuable instruction time"---that's what us teachers were told--- I thought it was a bunch of BS-- parties only lasted 30 minutes at the most!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to start calling you Martha Stewart! You are SOOOOO creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are SO on top of things! LOVE the owls! I definitely didn't even think to make little treats for everyone in the class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They were darling, and Preston loved his little owl! I feel bad for not making anything for his class (thankfully Bennett's class didn't share treats).

    ReplyDelete