Saturday, August 14, 2010

Catching Up

It has been forever since I have posted, but without a camera, I find there is not much to blog about...I am not a big fan of a blog without pics. But, I have borrowed my mom's camera and other pictures from this summer so I am ready to play some catch up. We have had a whirlwind summer with trips galore. We have cooked out more than you can imagine. And as the heat has risen hear in the deep south so has my discomfort in this pregnancy! I haven't really blogged about this sweet baby I have been carrying for the past 8 months, so I think I will dedicate this post to her.

Photobucket

I generally dislike ultrasound pictures, as I find them a little creepy. But, I had a third ultrasound later in this pregnancy and found this particular ultrasound picture kinda cool with a profile shot of her face. Now, I feel like I should give a little disclaimer on this pregnancy. One, this is my third pregnancy, two, I have a 19 month old I chase around all day and three I have a 7 year old to make sure was entertained all summer. So, to say this pregnancy has flown under the radar is an understatement. And in case you missed it, we are having another little girl! We are beyond thrilled to have 2 little girls so close in age. I am not sure if Lucy will feel the same way, but we are keeping our fingers crossed that she will love this baby as much as she loves her babydoll aka "bebe".

Photobucket

Ashley and I hadn't even talked names until I reached about 30 weeks and decided we had better at least start talking about it. We had several contenders, some that started with "L" and others that did not. But ultimately, we went with another "L" name to add to our brood. I had thought we had also decided on a middle name, and have even had several things monogrammed, but we may have changed our minds on that one, so for now, we can only say with certainty that her first name is

Photobucket

The girls will be sharing a room so not much will need or has been done in that area. In fact the only thing that I really had to do was order another crib and that wasn't done until a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, it takes 6-8 weeks for delivery and as of yesterday I am 3 weeks out. So more than likely, Miss Lynlee will come home without a crib...thats a third child for you. Lucy's crib converts to a double bed and I LOVE it, so of course I ordered the same one for Lynlee.

Photobucket

I have also been in a "nesting" frenzy. I had a slight melt down last weekend when I realized that I was 36 weeks and nothing had been prepared for the baby. So, I have been in overdrive since, washing bottles, going through baby clothes and getting them "Drefted", organizing the nursery closet, and every other closet in the house etc, etc. I must say, I feel much better now. It is somewhat ironic that the "nesting" hits towards the end of your pregnancy. The mear thought of doing anything wears me out, much less actually doing it. :)

Despite a somewhat lax pregnancy, I love this little one more than you can imagine. I am so excited and ready to meet her and we can't wait to see who she looks like and what her personality will be! We just scheduled the c-section for September 8th, but I have a feeling she will be making an earlier arrival or at least hoping she will!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE THE BELLY PIC!! I will so have to do that if/when there is a next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so excited to meet her too! The count down is on!!

    ReplyDelete