Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Schools Out For the Summer...

and I couldn't be more excited! My main reason, besides the obvious of getting to spend every day with both of my kids, is the fact that we all get so sleep in an extra 30 minutes in the morning. I cannot tell you what a difference those 30 minutes make, but they make a HUGE difference in my day. Anyhow, I have digressed...

My first born, Landon, is an official 2nd grader and I am speechless! He has grown up so much this year not to mention the past 7 years. Here he is on his first day of 1st grade...

Photobucket

and here he is on his last...

Photobucket

He is an incredibly bright child both academically and socially. I am not sure how or why God chose me to mother and raise this sweet boy, but words cannot express my love and admiration for him. Since we moved last summer, he had to switch schools and did so without missing a beat. Anytime, we go anywhere he instantly makes a friend and jumps right into the play. He is an awesome big brother and his little sister adores him. And, she and I are so excited to get to spend our days with him now!

We have lots on our agenda starting with our annual camping trip this weekend in the Smokies. (And yes, I am going to attempt it all 7 months pregnant of me...I am sure I will have something interesting to blog about next week! ) Quickly followed by a week at the beach. (Praying hard that the oil will stay away) Then our days will be carefree and spent at the pool or in the sprinklers, on the playground or on the slip n slide, eating popsicles or making ice cream, going to camps, playing sports, having playdates and spend the nights and maybe another get away or two. So here's to school being out and the official start of summer!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment