Thursday, February 4, 2010

Why do I do this to myself!!??

I have a really bad habit of starting projects and not always finishing them. Well, I do eventually finish them, but maybe weeks or even months after starting them. Anyway, remember my New Years resolutions #1? It was to plan ahead. And I have been doing really good at planning each day. Today I fell short. My plan was to get last springs clothes out of the closets, cleaned, ironed, and hung for all the consignment sales coming up. So what started as a simple project turned into this...

Photobucket

and this...

Photobucket

and this...

Photobucket

and when there was no more room in Lucy's room it led to my room...

Photobucket

and then Landon's room...

Photobucket

and by that time it was nap time, so everything got put on hold. UGH!! What went from a simple morning task of getting last springs clothes together turned into an all day task of cleaning out Lucy's closet, drawers, and under the crib with her help of course.

So here it is nap time, which is the only time of day I ever have to grab a shower. And, all of the bedrooms are a wreck and we have things planned for the afternoon. So, the house just stayed like that all day long, all afternoon long, and most of the night. I have been wanting to work on her closet, but this was not part of my plan for the day!!

Needless to say, I had an hour to myself later that night while Ash and the kids were at church choir practice and I got everything organized, thrown out, and put away. By the end of the day, I was exhausted. Lucy pretty much sums it up...

Photobucket

Here's to a more planned tomorrow!



3 comments:

  1. Oooh-- I emailed you== I want to look through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem! I get all into a project ... 90 percent done and then it ends up in a closet. Maybe I will find some motivation soon. But nap time is precious and I hate wasting it cleaning !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And here we are a few days later and my guest room looks the same way---it's been that was for several days now...I think just being pregnant, you have to break down tasks into more do-able things and just do part of it at one time....

    ReplyDelete